Funeral Pre-payment Schemes
Deciding to arrange and pay for your own funeral in advance is a difficult decision, but it can be a very rewarding one. There are many reasons people choose to make their arrangements before they die, including.
- Ensuring you have a say in what happens once you have passed away
- Wanting to lift the burden from family or friends
- Not having anyone you feel can make arrangements for you
- Financial reasons
At Freeman Brothers Funeral Directors, we understand that this can be a difficult decision for someone to make. To help, we have created five schemes which are structured to provide different levels of services, from a simple cremation to a more complex funeral with a church service, if you wish. And you can be sure that whichever scheme you choose, we will always provide an excellent level of service when the time finally comes. We guarantee there will be nothing for friends or family to pay other than additional services they might require. Your funds are kept in trust by an independent firm and we apply to them to pay the account once the funeral takes place. Information and advice on our schemes is available via each of our offices in Billingshurst, Crawley, Horsham and Hurstpierpoint.
Please click on the scheme that interests you for details of what it includes and charges:
1) Basic Scheme - £3150
A simple service in the chapel of the Surrey and Sussex or Worthing Crematorium.
Unlike our other plans, Freeman Brothers reserves the right to:
- Choose the day, date and time of the service
- Choose at which of the two crematoria the service will take place
We also reserve the right to not allow for extra options to be added to the funeral at the time of need.
If the choice of crematorium is important to you, we recommend our Simple Scheme.
Total Cost £3150
2) Simple Scheme - £3650
Simple Scheme – Cremation only
A simple service in the chapel at the Surrey and Sussex or Worthing Crematorium:
- Advice and help to relatives when making arrangements
- Bringing the Deceased person into our care from within Mainland UK, and preparation and care of the Deceased person in our Chapel of Rest
- Provision of the hearse and attendance of our staff before, during and after the service
- Provision of a simple coffin
- Cremation fee (including doctors’ fees)
- Minister or Officiant’s fees
Total Cost £3650
3) Standard Scheme - £4050
Standard Scheme – Cremation Only
A service in the Chapel at any local Crematorium.
All of the features of the Simple Scheme, plus the following:
- Visiting the Deceased person in the Chapel of Rest
- Procession of the cortege from home, if required
- Collection of donations and their onward transmission to charity
- An oak-veneered coffin instead of the simplest style
Total Cost £4050
4) Principal Scheme - £4470
Principal Scheme – Burial or Cremation
All the features of the Standard Scheme, plus the following:
- Provision of a Limousine
- Church fees if required
- Interment fees if the Deceased person is to be buried*
- A notice in the local paper
- A good quality veneered oak coffin with superior fittings
- The provision of up to 50 printed Orders of Service
Total Cost £4470
* The scheme does not cover the purchase of the plot if this is required in the chosen place of burial. We recommend this is done as soon as practical, ideally prior to the death taking place, to avoid situations where the chosen burial place cannot accommodate further burials at the time of death.
5) Supreme Scheme - £5090
Supreme Scheme – Burial or Cremation
All the features of the Principal Scheme, plus the following:
- Provision of two Limousines instead of one
- The provision of up to 100 printed Orders of Service
- A high-quality veneered coffin OR a rattan coffin
- Provision of a Condolence Book
- Provision of a scatter tube (for cremations) or oak cross grave marker (for burials)
Total Cost £5090
6) Tailor-made Scheme
If none of our tiered schemes offer what you would like, we also provide a Tailor-made Scheme which we will construct on a one-off basis to meet your specific requirements. Like the plans above, it will be priced at today’s costs and the money kept in trust until it is required. No-one will have to pay more.
Our tailor-made scheme is ideal for those whose choice of arrangements would not be covered by our tiered schemes. Reasons for this may be:
- Wanting a very simple arrangement, for which even our Simple Scheme is too complex
- Wanting a very complex arrangement, perhaps not in the local area or involving several locations
- Wanting something not covered in the tiered schemes such as a metal casket or horse-drawn hearse
- Wanting to only pre-pay for an ashes interment, or headstone
We will price your requirements at today’s rate and then confirm your arrangements in writing. If you would like to discuss any pre-payment scheme in more details, please contact us.
7) Comparison Table
Funeral Prepayment Scheme comparison table: